Easy ways to lose the Christmas Weight
I know I don’t speak for myself when I say that I got stuffed this Christmas. I might as well have been the turkey!
But it is a new year and it’s the time to figure out how I am going to lose the weight I’ve gained. However, it is important when planning on losing weight, to choose achievable methods, plans and diets. Taking on a diet that leaves you feeling light-headed or an exercise plan that you are afraid of is the fastest route to failure. This year, prepare to succeed; below are a couple achievable ways to lose that Christmas fat:
- Water: Ah the drink of life. Put away the soft drinks, the champagne and yes, even the juice. Don’t stock your fridge with anything other than water. You can drink your tea, but take out the sugar. Drinking water will help you feel less bloated and more refreshed. You are also cutting out all that bad sugar.
- Eat More: Yes, you read that right. Don’t starve yourself and don’t eat just one meal a day. Make sure you eat when you are hungry but keep your meals light by controlling the size of your portions and eating healthy food. Having five light meals a day is better than having two overloaded meals that are unhealthy and leave you groaning.
- One Physical Activity: Choose a physical activity that you love to do. Do you love swimming, football, dancing? Whatever it is, make sure you do it at least twice a week. This is a great way to burn calories whilst having fun. If you can, have a friend or family member join you.
- Keep a Food Journal: Keeping a food diary is a great idea because you have a better idea of what exactly you are eating. Sometimes we are not honest with ourselves regarding how often we eat and what we consume. People who keep food diaries tend to lose more weight than people who don’t.
- Cook More: Homemade food is more nutritious than food that one buys from a takeout. This year, commit to buying less fast food.
August 21, 2017
August 18, 2017
August 16, 2017